As the entire globe is experiencing a lockdown situation due to the Coronavirus outbreak, all the non-essential travels are being held until the confinements are lifted up. However, the government of India is allowing the citizens to travel, during this pandemic situation. In order to validate their purpose of travel, the people of India must get an ePass before plan their travel to any other place in the state or outside the state of India. The ePass is mandatory to ease travel during the lockdown period that no one allowed to breaks the curfew and refuses any such guidelines set by the Government of India.
ePASS is an authority or certificate that permits one to move outside from their locality under the direction of the police department and the government. ePass is essentially an electronic pass issued through online services by the state government to help the commute during an emergency situation. People related to the movement of essential goods and supplies throughout the country will require to get an e-pass. On the other hand, people willing to travel only in case of an emergency should apply for an ePass, which will let them aid their movement during these unprecedented times. The commute must keep their ePass photocopy wherever asked by the Government officials. This provision is applicable in all the states of the country. ePass consists of personal information like name, address, contact number, the validity of the e-pass, purpose of travel, and much more. The e-pass will be issued to a designated location only for a limited period. The e-pass also carries the number of passengers that would be accompanying the person. Applying for an e-pass does not mean that it is granted. The local administration authorities will validate all the important details you have filled and submitted on the online application form before issuing an e-pass. To avoid any online scams, the citizens of India can apply for an e-pass through the state government’s official website.
General procedure to apply for an ePass thorough online?
- To apply an e-pass, you must to visit the official website of the state or union territory.
- After selecting the ‘apply e-pass’ tab, you need to fill up your personal information like your name, address, mobile number, vehicle number (own or hired), vehicle registration number, government ID, district and town.
- After filling all above details, you also need to furnish supporting documents for the same.
- Submit the application for an e-pass.
- You will receive a message from the authority once the e-pass is approved.
- It is mandatory to carrying the photo copy of your e-pass and it should be furnished to the police or any other authority inquiring about the travel.
How to apply ePass to travel back to Bengaluru, Karnataka from other neighboring states of India.
Seva Sindhu Portal is a website under the control of the Government of Karnataka to help various online services to the citizens of the particular state. Presently, this web portal is acting an important role for the people stranded during COVID-19 pandemic to apply ePass online registration form. Below are the web links.
- English: https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English
- Kannada: https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/Kannada
- All asymptomatic passengers arriving in Karnataka shall be sent for 14 days of Home Quarantine.
- All symptomatic passengers shall be shifted to COVID Care Center for further tests
- If the result is positive, passengers shall be shifted to Dedicated COVID Hospital
- If the result is negative, passengers shall be sent to Home Quarantine to complete the remaining quarantine period of 14 days
Arogya Setu App
This app augments the initiatives of the Department of Health to contain COVID-19 and shares best practices and advisories. It is a tracking app which uses the smartphone’s GPS and Bluetooth features to track the coronavirus infection. The app is available for Android and iOS mobile operating systems.
- It is mandatory for all travelers download and register on Aarogya Setu App
- Enter your mobile number and provide OTP to get into the app
- Answer the survey honestly and check your health status
As mentioned before, it is important to fill in the online registration form to avail curfew/lockdown pass. If you are traveling to your native state from Karnataka or if you are coming to Karnataka from other states (Inter-State Travel) or another country, online registration at Seva Sindhu is important. Travel to Karnataka from other States, Migrant Worker, Student, Pilgrim Online Application @ Seva Sindhu. This section is for those people who are permanent residents of Karnataka and currently stuck at other states. This includes Migrant workers, Students, Pilgrims & tourists. If you are one among, then follow the Five steps below.
- Navigate to Seva Sindhu Portal of Karnataka
- Click on the link that says “Covid-19: Apply here to travel to Karnataka from other Indian states
- Using this link will take you to the registration page
- Enter every piece of information correctly
- Fill the traveler details
- Present Address
- Address to which you are traveling to
- Mode of entry and arrival date at Karnataka
- Check the declared point
- Enter the system generated verification code to submit the application
- Finally, make a note of the application reference number received from the website
Note: Once all your information has been filled and your purpose has been clearly stated, your application will be sent to the authorities for examination. The assigned department will then notify you via an SMS if your application has been approved or rejected. The SMS will also provide a download link to get the e-pass. This e-Pass needs to be carried with you when you are traveling as you will be stopped by personnel to check your details and if you are permitted to travel during the lockdown. Be sure to carry it with you at all times. It also gets updated on your Aarogya Setu app. The departments are carefully inspecting applications and only approving those that are genuine and emergency cases.
Wishing you and your families the best through these uncertain and unprecedented times. Have a safe journey! – Tejas Tours and Travels