Tirupati, an old town at the southern end of Andhra Pradesh, is a pilgrim’s region. The place is popular for its many Hindu shrines, the most venerable being Sri Venkateswara Swamy, Tirupati Balaji temple, or Tirumala. All devotees from various parts of India and abroad visit this temple town, to seek the blessings of the Almighty. Apart from religious places, there are many other places to visit in Tirupati for nature lovers, adventure searchers, and historians. A visit to Tirupati is incomplete till you explore the other side of this divine town which is calm, unspoiled, and breathtakingly wonderful. It is majestic beauty and grandeur surpass all the religious monuments, bewitching people and attracting tourists like flies to alight. It is also known as the richest religious shrines to have ever been made in the world. This tour package gives you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pay respects to the shrine and enjoy the serene atmosphere of the place, which is sure to get your heart and soul at peace. Book Cabs / Cars / Tempo Traveler / Mini Bus / Bus with Tejas Tours and Travels for the best service and affordable price.
Best time to visit Tirupati
Since the town sits in the middle of the Deccan Plateau, Tirupati weather is like that of an inland region. Summers are hot and humid, followed by a wet and misty rainy season, and cool pleasant winter. Therefore, the best time to visit Tirupati is from September to February, when the temperature in Tirupati is the most comfortable for pilgrimage, outdoors adventures, or sightseeing.
Fascinating Facts About Tirupati
- The idol has real hair and they never get tangled. According to a legend, Gardhavan princess cut her hair and gave it to Swami, when he was hit by a shepherd and lost some of his own.
- The idol appears to be standing in the middle of the sanctum from outside whereas the idol is actually slightly towards the right-hand corner of the Garba Gudi.
- Nobody knows when was the lamp lit before the idol but everybody believes it has never extinguished and has been alive for thousand years.
- After the morning Abhishekam, the idol sweats and the sweat is wiped with a silk cloth.
- Tirupati Balaji holds the record of being the richest as well as the most visited temple of India. The shrine receives offerings from devotees in cash, jewellery, gold, silver, property deeds, and Demat share transfers and per day offering is around 22.5 million.
Best Temples to Visit in Tirupati
Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple is one of the most honorable Hindu shrines and richest pilgrimage centers in the world. It is also the world’s most-visited place of worship, receiving 50,000 to 100,000 devotees daily and up to 500,000 on special occasions. Famed as Tirupati Balaji or Tirumala temple, this Dravidian-style shrine is dedicated to Lord Venkateswara. It is believed that Lord Venkateswara is an incarnation of Lord Vishnu who appeared on earth to save mankind from the trials of Kali Yuga. Timings: 02:30 AM to 01:30 AM. Hire Bus for the market best and lowest rate from Tejas tours and travels.
Kanipakam Ganesha Temple is one of those temples, which is not yet complete although its construction started all the way back in the 11-century during the reign of the Chola Dynasty. Even the idol of the presiding deity is not yet complete. The temple is still being built, and that is a compelling reason to make it one of the top tourist attractions in Tirupati. At present devotees can see only up to the abdomen of the idol. Holy water from this spring is offered to devotees. The temple is well connected to other parts of the state. Timings: 4 AM to 9:30 PM. Rent Cars from Tejas Tours & Travels for the complete journey.
Sri Govinda Raja Swamy Temple is believed to be an elder brother of Sri Venkateswara, and the Sri Govindarajaswami Temple was founded by none other than one of the greatest souls of Vaishnavism – Saint Ramanujacharya. The tower or the gopuram of the temple is its most notable feature. On the walls of the gopuram, Ramayana and Bhagavad Gita have been laid out in miniature art. Timings: 5AM – 12:30 PM, 1:15 PM – 4:45 PM and 6 PM – 9:30 PM. Hire Cabs for a pleasant journey at the best affordable price.
Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple is located in an ages-old pilgrim town near Tirupati and is the abode of Goddess Padmavathi, the consort of Lord Venkateswara. Pilgrims believe that they should seek the blessings of her Divine before visiting the home of the Lord. Timings: 5 AM to 9 PM. Rent Tempo Travel from Tejas Tours and Travels for the market best price.
Srikalahasti, This place has more historical and religious significance than many other places in the temple town of Tirupati. In fact, Srikalahasti itself is a temple town, but the temples here are dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is also said to be associated with Rahu and Ketu, two fearsome celestial bodies in the realm of the Indian astrological scheme of things. The Kailash Mountain being the abode of Lord Shiva is a revered place for Hindus. People take great pains and undertake arduous treks to reach the Kailash Peak in the Himalayas. There are many mythological stories that explain the name given to it. Timings: 6 AM to 9 PM. Rent Mini Bus for a market best rate from Tejas Tours and Travels.
Other Main Attractions in Tirupati
Covered by a lush natural landscape, there are more options to visit other places near Tirupati. Include these tourist places near Tirupati in your Tirupati one-day sightseeing trip or a weekend tour.
Kalyani Dam, Located around a few kilometers away from the city, this dam is said to be the drinking water reservoir for pilgrims. Before this dam was used only for the residents of Tirupati. The beautiful valley surrounding the dam and the scenic beauty of the place has made this dam a famous spot to enjoy a family picnic. So, for nature lovers, the rich flora and fauna of this region will surely delight you. Hire Bus for the market best and lowest rate from Tejas tours and travels.
Talakona Waterfalls, The impressive cascade is the highest waterfall of the State of Andhra Pradesh. It offers an impressive 270 ft. fall before the water splashes to the bottom. The falls are located in the Sri Venkateswara National Park in the Chittoor District. Lord Siddheswara Swami Temple situated very near to these falls makes it a popular tourist destination. Enriched with a wide variety of flora, Talakona has declared a Biosphere Reserve in 1990. Hire Cabs for a pleasant journey at the best affordable price.
Chandragiri, village and historic site, southern Andhra Pradesh state, southeastern India. It lies in an upland region, about 13 km. southwest of Tirupati and some 130 km. northwest of Chennai in Tamil Nadu state. Rent Tempo Travel from Tejas Tours and Travels for the market best price.
Activities to do in Tirupati
Apart from the pilgrimage places, which are the most popular places in Tirupati, there are other significant tourist attractions in Tirupati and interesting things to do here.
- Trek through the Tirumala Hills. The lush green hills are surrounded by wooded areas, which make for great day treks, picnics, or simply to spend time in nature.
- Visit the Sila Thoranam, a unique natural rock formation, which is considered to be one of its kind in Asia.
- Take a trip to the Akasha Ganga Waterfall. The waterbody is a perennial cascade which resembles the upper reaches of the Ganges. It is also a great place for day treks and picnics.
- Explore the Sri Venkateshwara Wildlife Sanctuary and plan a jungle safari. It is the most famous wildlife reserve of the region and is known to house many endemic and exotic species.
- Spend a day at the Chakra Teertham. The expansive natural water body is guarded by hills and forests, offering great views.
Tejas Tours and Travels Services:
- Car Rental: https://www.tejastravels.com/cab-travels.html
- Minibus Rental: https://www.tejastravels.com/mini-bus-travels.html
- Bus Rental: https://www.tejastravels.com/bus-travels.html
- Tempo Travel Rental: https://www.tejastravels.com/tempo-travels.html
- Holiday Packages: https://www.tejastravels.com/package.php
- Covid Travel Safety: https://blog.tejastravels.com/safe-journey-with-tejas-tours-and-travels
Follow and Like Tejas Tours and Travels on:
CUSTOMER’S FEEDBACK OR COMPLAINTS: We are running our service (not on a commission basis), so all pros and cons will bare by the Tejas administration. If customers feel any concerns or feedback, they can contact us through https://www.tejastravels.com/contact-us.php
Note: We are requesting customers to read all our Tejas travels terms and conditions before booking the vehicle.