The church is a place of worship, contemplation and peace. The best way to find the right one is by visiting some Bangalore churches. Many of them are great architectural marvels. The amazing height of church towers and steeples holding the holy cross built so elegantly. Inside are rows of pews and stained glass depicting the life of Lord Jesus. As you reach the pedestal and bow your head with a silent prayer on your lips, you get completely immersed in the sacredness of the place. It’s simply touching as you are caught in the moment.
You can check out a compiled list of churches in Bangalore to explore more when you visit this beautiful city!
- The St. Marks Cathedral church happens to be the oldest Anglican church named after one of the disciples of Jesus.
- Francis Xavier’s Cathedral has an Indo-European architecture with a dome above the sanctuary, and two belfries of blue and white make it a unique structure.
- The holy trinity Church is one of the oldest catholic churches in Bangalore. Even Winston Churchill also visited the church during his time in office.
- Infant Jesus Church is frequented by people of all faiths as the place is known for miracles happening.
- St. Patrick’s church happens to be the second oldest church in Bangalore . This catholic church has 12 pillars representing the twelve apostles of Jesus Christ.
- Bethel Assembly of God Church is one of the most influential and largest churches in the country. Festivities are a great time to visit the place.
- Several Pentecostal churches in Bangalore happen to dot the city, like the Mount Zion Pentecostal Church, St. Mary’s Church, Holy Ghost Church and others. Each has its charm, with religious leaders leading the congregation in local languages.
The beauty of the churches is that every Sunday, the devout come by to worship the lord. They are transported to the spiritual realms of the place and history, along with visitors who can visit the place on other days.